Email is one of the simplest ways that data can leak out of your firm. Microsoft Office 365 has (DLP) data loss prevention policies for certain subscription levels that, if setup properly, It can help prevent data leakage. If user have an E3 or E5 license, User can set policies and show tips reminding users that they shouldn’t be sending credential information.
Even though you can tell your users that they shouldn’t be emailing information that includes credit card numbers, social security numbers or other sensitive identity information, the reality is that people will forget and email this information regardless. By setting up a DLP policy that proactively looks for this sensitive information and blocks the transmission, you can make it safer for both your firm and the recipients of the email.
To Set Up DLP Rules
- Determine if you are under a specific preexisting rule set, or
- If you need to make your own.
- Go to the Office 365 Security & Compliance page.
- Sign in with administrator privileges.
- Go to “Data loss prevention” and then click on “Policy”.